Introduction

Mittwoch, 29. August 2012

That took some time

Dear friends,

The Westfalia micro business really eats the few hobby-hours I have away and barely leaves me time to do what I enjoy most - Painting, modelling and generally adding stuff to my collection.

Yet I've finally found some time to do exactly that, and I am happy to present you with a little Vignette and few other things of interest.

First a Vignette that I initially started for the Salamanca competition over at La Bricole. Obviously Im like 2 months late, but it's better to be last than just chickening out!

The piece shows french amoured engineers at work in the trenches of Cadiz.
Still sloppy in some places, and the fotos are far from perfect but this is as far as I can go without adding another couple of weeks time:





Next item is a pair of Highlanders painted by the very talented Adey Burt.
I've been told that he's offering painting-services. He can be contacted
at adeyburt (at) gmail (dot) com





Lastly a piece for the napoleonic connoisseur.

The German "Figuren Symposium" is an annual meet-up of more seasoned and mostly German Hobbyists. Last year they did run a comparison between the commercially available french ammo-carts in 28mm. Soon it became clear that none of them was too close to the available primary sources. Niels and Michael, the A-Team of napoleonic vehicle-making, started research into that particular field lately. And now I'm more than happy to present you with Westfalias next "bigger" project.

French ammunition cart 1792 - 1815







Lastly: Getting the ambulance done really takes much longer
than I expected, so I was a bit ashamed of posting something
else that has wheels rather than legs.

The ambulance will be available from Calpe eventually, but
I don't dare giving a release-date anymore.
The few of you that placed a pre-order and wanted to pay for it
will be remunerated, or receive a master.

Have a nice day!


17 Kommentare:

  1. Love the engineers and it's great to see the Highlanders painted up; just starting mine now!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Michael,

      I did start on a small battalion myself, all with lifted skirts and head changes to provide some variety.

      Disturbing! :-)

      Löschen
  2. All brilliant von Schrumpfkopf!!!

    I think you have plenty of time for the Bricole comp?
    Cheers
    Paul

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Cheers Paul!

    Not sure, but I was under the impression that it was ending 4 weeks ago?

    Will need to read the rules again :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Great looking Highlanders, I've put a pic of mine on my blog but very early days yet!

    Thanks very much for getting them to me so promptly.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. My pleasure!

      There's more British stuff coming up soon.
      Not exactly sure what you're real name is, but I'd gladly send you a note.

      Löschen
  5. Nice work Kawe ,

    the cart lloks excellent

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. cheers Dave,

      Really I'm always happy if Niels finds the time to start a new cart, be it for me or the Perrys.

      Löschen
  6. Very nice work on the engineers, nice scene. Glad I don't have to wear that kit.
    I like the Highlanders, and the ammo wagon.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Mike,

      I can barely carry my belly, that kit would kill me on an instant.

      Löschen
  7. Highlanders are really...nice and surprising! The first stand, engineers entrenched, is great, I love it, it's a beautiful work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Phil,

    Honestly no clue what I thought when I was ordering these, but they're the best selling miniatures so far. (wargamers - we really are young in our minds ;-)

    And thank you very much about the feedback about the engineers, hard to spot them in there, but I believe this is how it should be.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Excellently done and not a subject often seen.
    What scale are the engineers?
    Grüße
    Paul

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Hallo Paul,

    the Engineers are 28mm, but there was a release recently of 20mm Genie, not sure about the make, but I believe they were quite nice.

    Regards,
    Kawe

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Hi Kawe,

    Thank you for your nice comment and glad to see your work too! Love the rude highlanders!

    Keep up the great work and all the best!! I just add your blog to mine~

    Ben

    AntwortenLöschen